2.800 hectares at 700 meters altitude located in Cariñena Designation of Origin. Hilly terrain at base of the Iberian Mountains. Soils composed of schist, chalk, loams and red clays.
On the warm summer evenings before harvesting, the wild boar (jabalí) secretly comes into our vineyards located next to the forests of the Iberian mountains. Here amongst the old vines cultivated in slate soils it is free to choose the best grapes. Classic Tempranillo and Cabernet, a great favourite thanks to the intense aromas of blackberry jam, dark plums and chocolate, hints of herbs, full in the mouth with an expressive, cheerful finish.
Perfect pairing to appetizers and red meats. Serve at 16-19ºC
After stemming and crushing, the must ferments in contact with the skins for 10 days in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature. Over pumping is carried out carefully to extract the best tannins and colour.
IFS – International Food Standard.
BRC – Global Standard Food
- Added 2009: Gold Medal – “La Selección Der grosse Spanien WeinPreis” 2010
- Added 2009: Silver Medal – Decanter 2010
- Added 2009: Bronze Medal – Internacional Wine Challenge 2010
- Added 2008: 91 points, Excellent Five Stars – Guía Peñín 2010
- Added 2008: Gold Medal – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2009