2.800 hectares at 700 meters altitude located in Cariñena Designation of Origin. Hilly terrain at base of the Iberian Mountains. Soils composed of schist, chalk, loams and red clays.
Viñas Viejas is a tribute to the old tradition that still continues in the picturesque village of Paniza. Our old vines, of up to 100 years old, are planted in slate soils above 850m., which give richness and complexity. Intense aromas of red and black fruits with a toasted touch; vanilla, toffee and chocolate notes. PAIRING It is an ideal accompaniment to grilled meat, vegetables and appetizers. Best served at 16-19 ºC.
After crushing and de-stemming, the grape macerates for 15 days and fermentation takes place at controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks with several rackings per day. After malolactic fermentation the coupage is made and then the wine is decanted and taken to American and French oak barrels for 6 months ageing. Finally, the wine will be filtered before being bottled.
- Added 2016: Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2018. 90 points.
- Added 2013: Bronze Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2016. 86 points.
- Added 2013: Silver Medal – Concours International Sélections Mondiales des Vins.
- Added 2012: Gold Medal – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016.
- Added 2012: Silver Medal – Berliner Wein Trophy 2014.
- Added 2012: 90 points, Excellent Value for Money Five Stars – Guia Peñín 2015.
- Added 2012: 90 Parker Points. October 2014 Edition (no.215).