2.800 hectares at 700 meters altitude located in Cariñena Designation of Origin. Hilly terrain at base of the Iberian Mountains. Soils composed of schist, chalk, loams and red clays.
On the warm summer evenings before harvesting, the wild boar (jabalí) secretly comes into our vineyards located next to the forests of the Iberian mountains. Here amongst the old vines cultivated in slate soils it is free to choose the best grapes. Garnacha & Syrah are especially popular thanks to the hint of berries (particularly raspberries and dark cherries) with a smooth, juicy and truly attractive style.
Perfect pairing to appetizers and red meats. Serve at 16-19ºC
After stemming and crushing, the must ferments in contact with the skins for 10 days in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature.
IFS – International Food Standard.
BRC – Global Standard Food
- Added 2009: Silver Medal – Selections Mondiales, Québec 2010.
- Added 2009: 90 points, Excellent Five Stars – Guía Peñín 2010.
- Added 2009: Silver Medal – “La Selección Der grosse Spanien WeinPreis” 2010.
- Added 2009: Bornze Medal – Internacional Wine Challenge 2010.
- Added 2008: Gold Medal – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2009.
- Added 2008: Silver Medal – Internetional Wine Challenge, London 2009.
- Added 2008: 90 points, Excellent Five Stars – Guia Peñín 2010, Madrid 2008.
- Added 2008: One of the Best 100 Spanish Wines 2008 – Unión Española de Catadores, Madrid 2009.